Bellerbys College Brighton
Bellerbys College is a series of four colleges for international students based in the UK (Oxford, Cambridge, London and Brighton), and owned by Study Group International who also operate language schools under the name Embassy. Bellerbys College is coeducational, and teaches students from over 120 different countries.
Bellerbys College offers Pre GCSE and GCSE courses over 3 or 4 terms (1 year), A Level courses over 6 terms (2 years), 5 terms (1½ years) or 3 terms (1 year). The 5 term programme starts in January or April and is suited to students from countries whose academic year is not the standard September to June year.
The college also offers a foundation programme in which students choose from one of 7 subject streams: Business, Finance and Management, Law and International Relations, Engineering and Computer Science, Management Computing Systems, Science and Pharmacy, Art and Design and Humanities. The Bellerbys College foundation programme is recognised by more than 50 UK universities including Bristol, Nottingham, Leeds, and Lancaster. The Bellerbys College foundation programme is taught and examined to the same standards as A Levels, where applicable, and enables students to prepare for entry into a specific field of study at university while also improving their English and study skills.
Established year: 1927
College Brighton is set in the heart of Brighton, just a few
minutes from the unique North Laine quarter with its fashionable shops,
restaurants and entertainment venues, and near to Brighton train station and
other key transport links.
Brighton and Hove is a city and unitary authority area in the ceremonial county of East Sussex in South East England. It is England's most populous seaside resort with a population of 273,400 (2011 census). Following the unification of borough councils, the towns of Brighton and Hove formed a unitary authority in 1997. In 2001, the two towns, Portslade and other surrounding areas and villages were granted city status by Queen Elizabeth II as part of the millennium celebrations in 2000, forming the City of Brighton and Hove.
Brighton has been an important centre for commerce and employment since the 18th century. In December 2013, Brighton was the third-highest ranked place on the UK Vitality Index Report, which measures the economic strength of towns and cities in the United Kingdom. It was "among the top performing towns and cities on almost all" of the 20 measures used by the index.
Throughout the year the city is host to many festivals and special events. The Brighton Festival of Arts and Music and Brighton Fringe Festival are one of the largest festivals in Europe. The London to Brighton Bike Ride, in June every year, is Europe's largest cycle event. The Brighton Food Festival takes place in September.
From London by train: 1 hour 31 minutes
Address: 1 Billinton Way, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 4L
Bellerbys College Brighton offers exceptional facilities, with lesson-specific rooms, dedicated IT suites, well-equipped classrooms with interactive whiteboards, science laboratories, bright, spacious art studios and fully resourced libraries. Continual investment ensures new standards of excellence in teaching, social and residential environments.
- Dedicated academic building over 80 classrooms
- Five science laboratories
- Five art studios
- Dark room
- Well-stocked library
- Exam and lecture hall
- Student common room with tv and dvd player
- Internet café
- Private study rooms
- Student services team
- Prayer room
- Free internet and email access
- Wireless internet access
With more than 50 years of teaching excellence at Bellerbys College, and over 20 years of experience helping international students achieve their ambitions, we have seen our pupils win places at every university in Britain.
- Intensive academic preparation
- Expert English language training
- Practical study skills for university success
- Top quality teachers and teaching
- Full counselling and advice on university application
- A choice of locations in major university cities
- The UK's Number 1 ranked exclusively international school
- Financial Times - Bellerbys College, Brighton ranked 29th in the Financial Times Secondary Schools 2012 ranking - higher than any other exclusively international school.
Bellerbys College Brighton has a broad range of accommodation options available, including friendly and welcoming homestays and comfortable student residences.
Homestay gives students the opportunity to become immersed fully in UK culture and to feel part of a family, eating meals and sharing their lives to get a real experience of British life. All Homestay accommodation is carefully chosen for the security and friendliness it provides and regular visits are made to ensure that students have everything they need. There are two main options for students choosing homestay accommodation:
- Half Board Shared Room - A room shared with another student with breakfast and dinner provided by the host family. Lunches are not included.
- Half Board Single Room - A private room with breakfast and dinner provided by the host family. Lunches are not included.
- Bellerbys Brighton residence (13+): modern, purpose-built student accommodation located on the Brighton campus, in the heart of the city and just two minutes from the railway station with 370 single en-suite bedrooms, 8 twin en-suite rooms. Half board available on-site.
- Paris House (18+): Paris House is located just 10 minutes by bus from the Brighton campus, is close to shops, cafés and a short walk from all the attractions of Brighton city centre. There are 31 single rooms and four twin bedrooms available. Breakfast and evening meal is taken at the main campus.