Churchill House School of English Language is one of the best English language schools in the UK. It has been helping international students to learn about the places, culture and language of England for over 40 years. Churchill House has a main school in Ramsgate that offers a variety of language courses all year round and ten summer camps (Abbots Bromley School, Aldenham School, Ampleforth College, Dean Close school, Edinburgh College, Frensham Heights School, HLC Harrogate College, Prior Park College, Royal Russell School, St. Lawrence College) across the country, each with its own summer vacation course for younger students.The school welcomes students from over 40 countries.
Churchill House has a good reputation across the globe for providing high quality English language courses. The School offers 2 to 50 week Main and Intensive courses, Academic Year programmes, Pre- University courses, Cambridge First Certificate, Advanced and Proficiency courses, TOEIC, TOEFL and IELTS, One-to-One, Teacher Training and English Home Tuition (professional and general).
All classes are taught by fully qualified experienced staff using the most modern and dynamic teaching methods. All teachers care about the complete development of each student and strive to help them achieve their goals whether they are academic, social or personal.
Established year: 1971
Churchill House is situated in one of the many fine old Victorian streets in the traditional seaside town of Ramsgate. Ramsgate is located 78 miles from central London in an east south-easterly direction at one of the most easterly points of the United Kingdom. It has a population of around 40,000.
Ramsgate has an incredibly rich history. It was one of the great English seaside towns of the 19th century and is a member of the ancient confederation of Cinque Ports.
Ramsgate's main industries are tourism and fishing. The town is most famous for its golden, sandy beaches, its Royal Harbour and its Georgian and Victorian buildings. But Ramsgate isn't just a historic town, it is also a modern place to live with a busy nightlife and lots to see and do in the area.
From London by train: 120 minutes
Address: 42 Spencer Square, Ramsgate CT11 9EQ, United Kingdom
Churchill House has 3 separate buildings which are all 10 minutes' walk from both the town centre and the beach. Churchill House head office is set in an attractive 19th century square which boasts beautiful architecture, a lovely central garden, public tennis courts and sea views over the English Channel. Across the square are two main classroom buildings of the school; spacious executive centre and the paragon building famously painted by Van Gogh. In addition to its many classrooms, the paragon also includes Rosetta Stone room where students can practise their English using self-study software.
- 3 buildings
- 29 Classrooms
- Interactive white boards
- Free Wi-Fi
- Internet Room
- Rosetta Stone Room
- Private study rooms
- Prayer room
- Churchill Tavern – Pub & Restaurant
- ISI Certified,
- Accredited by the British Council,
- Authorised TOEIC Test Centre,
- Member of Quality English, English UK and Education UK
- All schools provide students with an excellent learning environment to promote academic development
- Experienced and well trained staff
- Multinational classes- The school welcomes students from over 40 countries.
- Educational and exciting excursion and activity programme
Churchill House School of English Language has a broad range of accommodation options available, including friendly and welcoming homestays and comfortable student houses.
Living with an English family is an ideal way to use what you have learned in the classroom in a practical way. It is also a great way to learn more about English people and their way of life. Churchill House has 150 host families within 15 minutes walking distance from the school and others within 25 minutes. All host families are found and vetted by the Churchill House accommodation department. There are four main options for students choosing homestay accommodation:
- Half Board Shared Room - A room shared with another Churchill House student with breakfast and dinner provided by the host family. Lunches are not included.
- Half Board Single Room - A private room with breakfast and dinner provided by the host family. Lunches are not included.
- Full Board Shared Room - A room shared with another Churchill House student with breakfast and dinner provided by the host family. Lunches are included and provided at school.
- Full Board Single Room - A private room with breakfast and dinner provided by the host family. Lunches are included and provided at school.
- Self Contained Flats - A private apartment. Meals are not included. A tenancy agreement may need to be signed. Utility bills (electricity, water and council tax) may need to be paid as extras.
- Hotels (5 minutes from the school) - A private hotel room. Meals are not included.