Frances King School of English is one of London's leading English language schools. It has schools in central London- in Kensington and Belgravia all year and in Marylebone in summer. Over 40 years' experience, the seriousness of English courses and the fun way experienced teachers are teaching English have earned a reputation which annually attracts more than 5,000 students from over 50 countries.
Frances King offers a wide range of quality courses to meet your individual needs. Courses from 1-48 weeks with flexible start dates, from beginners to advanced. Most courses start every Monday. It's professional and friendly teachers emphasize communication skills and use up-to-date methods.
Frances King has advanced technologies such as interactive whiteboards and online learning tools, and WiFi in all our buildings to offer the latest tools to our students.
The school also offers a wide choice of student accommodation in flat shares or residences and a network of over 500 host families all located within easy travelling distance of our schools. It also runs a programme of activities for the students with daily outings and visits to the city's main attractions (museums, concerts, restaurants, parties ...) and also travel throughout England during the weekends.
Established year: 1973
Frances King has schools in central London - in Kensington and Belgravia. All schools are in travel zone 1 close to underground stations and tourist attractions. London is the political, economic and cultural capital of Britain. It is the most populous city in the United Kingdom with a metropolitan area of over 13 million inhabitants. London was the world's most populous city from around 1831 to 1925.
London's history stretches back over thousands of years, and the city boasts four World Heritage Sites: the Palace of Westminster and Westminster Abbey, the Tower of London, Maritime Greenwich and the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew.
London is a leading global city, with strengths in the arts, commerce, education, entertainment, fashion, finance, healthcare, media, professional services, research and development, tourism and transport all contributing to its prominence. It is one of the world's leading financial centres and has the fifth-or sixth-largest metropolitan area GDP in the world depending on measurement. London is a world cultural capital. It is the world's most-visited city as measured by international arrivals and has the world's largest city airport system measured by passenger traffic.
London's 43 universities form the largest concentration of higher education in Europe. London is home to more international students than any other city in the world. Every year, 90,000 people come from over 200 countries to study and experience the culture, the history and the spirit of one of the world's greatest cities.
In 2012, London became the first city to host the modern Summer Olympic Games three times.
Address: 77 Gloucester Road London SW7 4SS - United Kingdom
Frances King Kensington consists of four buildings – one opposite Gloucester Road underground station, one a short walk away in Wetherby Gardens and annex in Queen's Gate.
- 36 classrooms equipped with interactive whiteboards and 8 One-to-One classrooms
- Self-access study centres
- Computer laboratories
- Wireless internet
- Coffee bar and common areas with refreshment facilities
- Student services offices
- Extra 20 classrooms in nearby annexes in summer
Frances King Belgravia consists of two buildings near Victoria and Hyde Park Corner Underground stations. Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park and Westminster, home to Houses of Parliament and Big Ben, are a short walk away.
- 24 classrooms, many with interactive whiteboards
- Computer laboratory
- Wireless internet
- Common areas with refreshment facilities
- Student services offices
- Accredited by the British Council for the teaching of English as a Foreign Language and a member of English UK and Quality English
- Registered as a Highly Trusted Sponsor by the UK Border Agency
- Excellent locations in central London's finest areas – Kensington, Belgravia and Marylebone.
- Online support for your learning before, during and after your course.
- Excellent facilities- self-access study centres and wireless Internet connection
- Large school with a lively multinational atmosphere and students from over 50 countries
- An exciting activity programme- make friends, practice your English and enjoy London
Frances King has a broad range of accommodation options available, including friendly and welcoming homestays, comfortable student residences, flatshares, studios and apartments.
Living with an English family is an ideal way to use what you have learned in the classroom in a practical way. It is also a great way to learn more about English people and their way of life. There are four main options for students choosing homestay accommodation:
- Private Home- Combine the comforts of a home environment with more independent living. Travel time to Frances King about 30-55 minutes. No meals, but use of kitchen
- Standard Homestay- Good homes and food provided by kind hosts who live in convenient locations for Frances King. Travel time to Frances King about 20-55 minutes. Choice of meal plans: breakfast only; 4 dinner plan - breakfast daily and dinner from Monday-Thursday; half board - breakfast and dinner daily. No use of kitchen.
- Premium Homestay- Very good homes with a high standard of cooking and located in convenient locations for Frances King. Travel time to Frances King about 20-45 minutes. Choice of meal plans: breakfast only; 4 dinner plan - breakfast daily and dinner from Monday-Thursday; half board - breakfast and dinner daily. No use of kitchen.
- Deluxe Homestay- Excellent homes in very good areas close to our schools with professional hosts offering an excellent standard of cooking. Travel time to Frances King about 20-35 minutes. Choice of meal plans: breakfast only; 3 dinner plan - breakfast daily and dinner on 3 evenings per week, arranged with homestay hosts. Use of kitchen for snacks, refreshments and light meals
- Mansion Chelsea: modern, recently refurbished self- catering residence with private bathroom. 15 minute walk or 10 minutes by bus to the Kensington schools. Single, twin or shared rooms available.
- Bowden Court: standard, half-board (breakfast and dinner during the week and breakfast and lunch at weekends), newly refurbished residence. 15 minutes to the Kensington schools. Single rooms available.
- Southside / Eastside: 10 minute walk to our Kensington schools and 15-25 minutes by underground to other Frances King schools. Single and twin rooms available only in summer.
- Schafer House: Popular, budget, self-catering residence close to the West End, London theatres and shops of Oxford Street (zone 1). 15-30 minutes by underground to Frances King schools. Single rooms available only in summer. Single rooms available.
- Pure Hammersmith: Modern, newly built self-catering residence offering large, stylish studios with private bathrooms. 15 minutes by underground to the Kensington schools and 20-25 minutes by public transport to other Frances King schools.