Manchester Central School of English about
MCSE opened in 2005 in Manchester City Centre and, since then, we have been enthusiastically welcoming student from all over the world to our warm and friendly school. Our mission is to act as a market leader in English Language Teaching, providing good quality and stimulating learning opportunities in a multicultural setting. We are accredited by the British Council – which is your assurance of a quality English school. We are also members of English UK and the Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce. Manchester Central School of English is proud to welcome students from countries all over the world. Our experience has taught us that getting to know our students as individuals allows them to fulfill their potential. Our size allows us to do just this.
Established year: 2005
Address: 2, Royal Buildings, 2 Mosley Street, Manchester M2 3AN, United Kingdom
From London by train: 2 hours and 20 minutes
You are welcome to borrow any books or DVDs from the library. Please ask at reception before you take anything from the library. You must return the items on the due date.
- In the computer room there are computers with internet access for your use. You will find links to English Language websites in the favourites file.
- Headphones are available from reception.
- You can use the computers in your free time and your teacher will also use them in your lessons.
- If you are using a computer, but a teacher wants to use the room for a lesson, please wait for the teacher to finish their class before continuing your own work.
We have a self-access area located in the library. Have a look and you will find that there are:
- Grammar books to look up a certain topic area of difficulty
- Dictionaries for all levels
- Readers to improve your reading skills
- DVDs and videos to improve your listening skills
You can borrow any of the resources you find in the library, you just need to let the receptionist know that you have taken it.
If you want to study on your own, please feel free to use the library at any time or any of the classrooms (as long as they are not in use) for your own quiet private study.
We have an area near the library you can go to and relax during your break. Here you can buy a snack from the machine, meet other students, watch television, or read a book.
In the School there is a prayer room for you to use when you need too.
- Manchester Central School of English is one of only 2 schools in Manchester to have been awarded the highest grades in all inspection categories by the Independent Schools Inspectorate.
- Offering individual support to help students progress into work or academia after studying at MCSE
- We are accredited by the British Council, the stamp of approval for private language English Schools and we are a member of English UK and English North UK.
- Providing students with top quality challenging language courses
- Placing a high premium on student welfare
- Teaching in small groups of no more than 12 in international classes
- Employing highly qualified, experienced and dedicated teachers
Immerse yourself in the English life and culture Living with a British family is a great way to improve your English while living in Manchester. Our host families are very varied, you may stay with a single person, a family with one child, a family with many children, a retired couple, a young couple, family with pets, etc. Our Homestay Hosts are inspected to British Council standards so whatever family you live with we guarantee that they will be friendly, passionate about helping you learn English and committed to ensuring you have a great time in Manchester. You can choose your meal plan from these options: Half-board, Half-board with special diet or Self-catering.
Immerse yourself in a multicultural environment Halls are great places for international students to live. Our halls of residence are very close to the city centre and they provide an opportunity to mix with interesting and enthusiastic students from around the world. You will normally have a private bedroom in an apartment which you share with a number of other students. Some halls have private bathrooms whilst others have shared facilities. There will be other shared amenities such as kitchens and common rooms. In every halls of residence students have access to 24/7 assistance from on-site staff.